Skip to content
If you have questions, we may have answered them here. If not, send us a message at email@example.com, and we will be happy to help!
How do I care for my Skinny Dog items?
- See our CARE INSTRUCTIONS tab (with hyperlink)
Are Skinny Dog collars durable?
- Our collars are very hardworking, and made to last. This will likely be the only collar your dog will ever need (unless you want to alternate designs for fun!). We carefully select full grain upholstery grade leather and pair it with nylon webbing rated to a breaking strength of 544 kg. Check out our careful crafting process (hyperlink).
What is a tag collar for?
- Tag collars are slim and lightweight collars bearing important ID information. They are to be worn in conjunction with the martingale collar when outside, and inside when the martingale collar is removed so that your dog has some form of ID on in case they slip outside. The tag collar is not appropriate for leash attachment.
Why does my dog need a martingale collar?
- Martingale collars are specially designed collars with one fixed collar section and one closing loop. For sighthounds and other breeds of dog with slim heads, regular collars can slide right over their head. The martingale collar’s closing loop tightens with pressure from the leash to snug the collar around the dog’s head and prevent slippage.
What is the turnaround time on my order?
- Turnaround time varies slightly based on how many orders we currently have. Every collar is made by hand, one at a time. We aim to ship each order within 1 week of ordering.
Where do you ship?
- We ship anywhere! Shipping will be calculated at the time of checkout. Our studio is in Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada. Overseas shipping will take longer, as expected.
My custom collar doesn’t fit. What can I do?
- Each collar is made to your dog’s specifications based on the measurements provided. We are unable to accept returns on custom orders, but are happy to work with you to adjust the collar to make it fit. If there is a significant amount of work required, we will provide you with a quote for the cost of adjustments. You would be responsible for the shipping fees to return the collar to our studio, and for us to send it back to you when completed.
I want to change my engraved nameplate (moved, new phone number, etc). Is this possible?
- Yes! We can have a new nameplate engraved with the new information, and rivet on to your collar for a fee of $25 per nameplate. You would be responsible for shipping costs to our studio, and back to you.
What is that round rubber disc on my martingale for?
- At Skinny Dog, we are anti-tag jingle! Dogs have sensitive hearing, and there is nothing more annoying than tags clanging on a peaceful nature walk. When you put your dog’s rabies and license on the martingale tag ring, be sure that the rubber tag silencer is between the metal tags, and voila! Quieter tags. You can purchase additional tag silencers for your other collars, or if you have more than two tags, in the SHOP page.
I have a unique design in mind. Do you do completely custom designs?
- Yes, we would love to work with you on a one-of-a-kind piece of wearable art. We have limited quantities of specialty leather (hyperlink) that are available for custom requests. Send us a request from the UNIQUE REQUESTS section, and we will be in touch about your ideas.